From: Matt Tucker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 4:13 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: War File Deployment Problem in Windows

Omar,

Yeah, I had the same problem earlier this week when I upgraded. I got no
response from this list because I'm sure the question has been posted a
thousand times. But I will have mercy on you because I feel your pain.
It's a problem with file locking on Windows. In my case, some of the
JARs in my WEB-INF/lib directory were being locked so when the WAR was
undeployed by tomcat, it wasn't able to delete them and my redeploy
failed. In any case, check out this FAQ:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/windows.html#lock

Matt Tucker
thoughtbot

cell: 617 775 0742
office: 617 876 4780
www.thoughtbot.com

Marquez, Omar wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using tomcat 5.5.9 in Linux and Windows . For some reason when I
>redeploy a war file to the Windows Tomcat instance I need to restart tomcat
>and then deploy again before being able to access the new version of the
war
>file app. I don't have this problem with the Linux version, the server
>configurations are the same as far as I can see....
>
>Any idea why windows is giving me this trouble???
>

>Regards,
>Omar

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is
strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any
copy of it from your computer or paper files.