If it is a class member you could conceivably use reflection to see if a given object/class has a member you name... if it's local though, no, it's a purely compile-time check.

Do you really mean declared or do you perhaps mean initialized?

Frank

Charles P. Killmer wrote:
Is there a way to, at runtime, check if a variable is declared?  I have
some code that I want to behave differently depending on whether or not
a variable has been declared.  I tried using a try catch block but it
gets caught at compile time.

Thanks
Charles

Frank W. Zammetti