Woodchuck wrote:

hihi Nikola,

where are you placing your JAR files?  are any in TC/commons/lib or
TC/shared/lib?

try placing everything together, just as a test.  put *all* your
classes and JAR files under TC/commons for example and give it a try...
they should be able to see each other if they are at the same
classloading hierarchy level... this is what i suspect your problem is

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/configuration.html#config_add

Hi Woodchuck.

I forgot to mention that, when I place ALL classes inside WEB-INF/classes, including the *_Stub classes, then it works. I guess in that case TC's classloader picks up the classes before RMI classloader and, since it is teh same CL, it works.

This solution is a patch, as far as I am concerned, since copying all those classes to clients classpath (TC's webapp WEB-INF/classes) is actually what RMI is supposed to root out. If I cannot have server classes in RMI codebase (one place), then I can as well go use RPC or pure sockets/serialization.

All of this still makes me believe that somehow RMI classloader should be introduced into TC's CL hierarchy. Or maybe install JBoss altogehter?

Nix.