I have the precompiled JSP's working with Apache now.
Thanks.

Apart from the "first-time-hit" compilation penalty on
a normal jsp (as apposed to a precompiled one), why
would you choose one option above the other?

Standard jsp is easier to do updates if you work in an
unpacked war setup - you just change the file and it
is updated. Precompiled you have to acctually
precompile the file.

But how about performance and other issues? I guess it
depends on your application, but is there somewhere a
good checklist to determine when to choose the one
option over the other?