What?
Too good to be true???

Check these out:
For domain name registration ($8.88):
   http://www.regdn.com/index.php?aid=sma53952
For quality webhosting (they have plenty of plans):
   http://prohosters.com/
They have VPS plans (Virtual Private Server)
you'll have a root account and some server resources (some amount is guaranteed and burst amount is a maximum)
You can install anything then.
:)

Good luck

P.S.:
Me and one of my friends use this hosting (CarpathiaHost - ProHosters) and this registrar (RegDN) and we have no problems with it. Starter Plan (VPS 200) was used to host 30 domains (!!!)
and all was ok.

Has anyone had experience with webhype.nl ? Their
prices and service almost seem too good to be true. :)