One way to do this is to declare a host in your server.xml instance

The server.xml will need to contain an entry within the engine like

<Host name="myotherdomain.tld" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
                        directory="logs"
                        prefix="YOUR_PREFIX." suffix=".txt"
                        timestamp="true"/>

        <!-- this takes all requests to myotherdomain.tld and associates
them to the context , may need to play with this-->
         <Context path=""
                docBase="/path/to/your/appDir/or/war_file"
                crossContext="false"
                debug="10"
                reloadable="false"
                trusted="false">
        </Context>
        <!-- ** the deva application context ** -->
</Host>

And in your httpd.conf
<virtual host ...>
servername myotherdomain.tld
JkMount /* ajp13       <-- My worker
</virtual host ...>

This seems to work in our configuration to handle this type of operation.

Have Fun...
Colby C. Meyer

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/22/2005 01:31 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
mod_jk configuration

Hello all,

i am using Tomcat 4.1.3x, mod_jk 1.x and Apache 1.3.x.

I have read all the documentation available on apache.org, but
i think i have not understood some principles of JK.

Problem:
I have java.domain.tld pointing to the root-directory of Tomcat. The
default
tomcat site appears. I guess my installations are ok.

I want to have myotherdomain.tld pointing to a specific webapp.
I have a worker (the same as the java.domain.tld Domain), but where
must i declare which context is to use?

In my vhosts i have:
<virtual host ...>
JkMount /* ajp13       <-- My worker
</virtual host ...>

In my workers.properties there is nothing about an context. Documentation
told me nothin about tags to declare. Btw, i installed my app with the
war-deploy feat.
Maybe this is important.

Any help is appreciated- thank you for reading.

Regards
Chris