Hi Bhaskar,

I've understood (please correct me if I'm wrong) that both JavaSpaces
and RMI are somewhat Java-specific techniques.

My usage scenario doesn't involve Java clients. In fact, the
communication between the clients and the server has been limited to a
predefined text-based protocol (basically just a very simple
request-response model with ASCII text messages).

BR,
- keke