Hi,

You'd normally attempt to do this with URL rewriting at the web server side. I
read that tomcat does not really offer URL rewriting at this time if used as a
web server, I could be wrong.

For what it's worth, we place index.jsp documents in folders that the user may
request that do a erquest forward to index.htm which is then picked up by
Spring. If using IIS you can also specifying default documents like index.htm
which the web server will try until it gets a bite from Tomcat

All the best, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474