> From: Andrea Aime [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Now, the client and the web application share a lot of jars,
> so I would like
> to make the jars in web-inf/lib downloadable, so that the web
> start can access them.
>
> At the moment I've put the jars both in web-inf/lib and in the
> root, but this basically doubles the size of my application.
> This is not very nice since I have to upload it to a test
> server on my ISP
> and the upload connection is not very fast (ADSL line).
>
> Any solution?

Tomcat explicitly prevents access from a client to any file under
WEB-INF; Tomcat also insists on picking up its jars from WEB-INF/lib,
and as far as I know it's not possible to change that.  My suggestion
would be to write a few lines of code that copy the jar files you need
from WEB-INF/lib to the root when the application starts up or when you
hit a particular page - that way, at least you only have to upload them
once.

                - Peter