Thanks Peter thats perfect. I cant see any magor techincal differences.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Peter Crowther" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.1.37 and 5.0.2?? differences
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:54:06 +0100

> From: Mark Benussi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat 4.1.37 and 5.0.2?? differences
>

> I am having to change my ISP and was wondering what the main
> differences were with these two servers.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html

5.0.x is servlet spec 2.4 / JSP 2.0, like 5.5.

> Are Servlet filters supported

Yes, on both, I believe.

> and more importantly what J2EE does it
> typically run on?

Sorry, don't understand the question?  If you mean J2SDK, I rather
suspect most providers will be on a 1.4.2_xx release - Tomcat 4.1 and
5.0 both run on that.  If you don't mean the SDK version, could you
clarify?

                - Peter