Am Montag, 11. Juli 2005 13:34 schrieb Ivan Rodriguez:
> I don t know details about your problem but  i can answer that
>
> j_secutiry_check is not a way of integrating tomcat into apache. It is an
> authentition scheme defined by J2EE specs.
>
> What you need is the jk_mount apache module, to let your Apache install
> bypass the dynamic calls to tomcat, and then to serve only static content
> with apache.
>
> Details of configuration can be found at:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/

No this isn't the solution. Tomcat and Apache are full independent. They don't
cooperate together nor they communicate. Apache listens at port 80 and Tomcat
at port 8180 ( its the Debian Solution ).
But I cannot run tomcat under these configuration. I get an error dump each
time:
[quote]
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:432)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:142)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:51)
        at org.apache.cata.....
[/quote]

Apache works fine and makes no trouble.

Gruss Christian

--
Christian Stalp
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie, Epidemiologie und Informatik