Hi,

Actually that sounds right. You can't display WML data in a standard browser and that's why you get the download dialog.

To see that type of content you can test using a WAP browser like winwap (not free but you get a trial) or an online WAP emulator such as wapsilon <http://www.wapsilon.com>.

If it displays ok in one of those two then you are on the right track  :)

Hasta luego.

Luis

Kirby, Stephen (Civ, ARL/CISD) wrote:

Hi,

I am using a WML file as my welcome-file.  When I try to launch the web
page I'm getting a "File Download" dialog for some reason.  (it's
tomcat-5.5.9 and it shows tomcat works fine when I leave the welcome
file as index.jsp)

The web.xml already had the MIME mapping for wml extension files so I
don't think that's the problem. (from web.xml)
    <mime-mapping>
       <!-- WML Source -->
       <extension>wml</extension>
       <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wml</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
I've triple-checked the wml file and can't see anything wrong:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml";>
<wml>
<card id="myFirstCard" title="First Card">
  Hi there......
</card>
</wml>

I've seen mention of a http.conf file -- is that relevant to jakarta
tomcat; if so what line is added to recognize wml?

TIA
-Steve