Complete stab in the dark here ... Tomcat serves a maximum number of threads at
a time (request processing threads). It may be that Tomcat's timings are
accurate for the threads *when* it executes them, but your HTTP Client will be
seeing a queue when Tomcat has no spare request thread capacity. You can tweak
this with the max processors attribute for Tomcat's connectors.

Just a guess, take with pinch of salt.

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055