I'm testing a clustered Tomcat (5.0.30) configuration on Windows XP
Professional, behind Apache 2.0.54 with mod_jk as my load balancer.
Load balancing works fine, as I can see sessions being dispatched to
each Tomcat from mod_jk (sticky sessions is disabled.)  The problem I
have is that session replication between the Tomcat instances is
failing.  I've verified that the multicast 'heartbeats' are being sent
(via Ethereal), but I never see any TCP traffic between the instances.
This PC is NOT multi-homed (only have one network card), but I've been
able to do similar setups in Linux (multiple instances on one server)
without any problems.

Does anyone have a suggestions on what I can try to do to get sessions
to replicate?

Thanks!

Jerry Jalenak

Software Engineer