From: Filip Hanik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 2:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Servlets do not run under Apache-tomcat

> Also if in a jsp in the examples context i put <jsp:forward
> page="/servlet/HelloWorldExample" /> and refernce the jsp it works.
this works because Apache nor mod_jserv is involved, this is an internal
Tomcat operation

> So if I point my browser to
> https://server-name/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample  it should run the
> HelloWorldExample servlet. The jsps in examples context are running fine
> without problem.

you have to look up the documentation for mod_jserv. If switching to mod_jk
is not an option (and Apache 1.3.17 does support mod_jk, hell we used apache
1.3.14 for mod_jk:),
I can help you do the research, but the docs are pretty detailed.
they even walk you through some examples

but I can't seem to find the docs I once used, and that is probably because
mod_jk is much more widely used.
read the $TOMCAT_HOME/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html for the AjpServMount
directive.

Also, try to remove the Alias directive, and see if that will work

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~