Hi, I am using the built in security constraints to password protect some
directories in my app. It works fine, but I was wondering when someone uses the
login form to get to the passworded directory or page, is it possible to get
the username and/or password that the user submits in the j_security_check
form? I'd like to be able to set a cookie or session variable with the persons
username in after they log in so the next time they come back to the site they
see a personalised greeting kind of thing.

I've tried printing out all request attributes/parameters, session variables
and cookies after and before login but apart from the sessionid there isnt
anything set.

Does anyone know how to do what I want?

Cheers,

Chris.