From: David Wall [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29.07.2005 00:48
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: mod_rewrite for Tomcat 5.5

Can anybody recommend anything like mod_rewrite for Tomcat 5.5?  I know
the FAQ says something about "why reinvent the wheel," but in this case,
it's because we want to get rid of Apache just because we need one small
feature.  I've got an application that now only needs Apache httpd for
some mod_rewrites, especially for converting short URLs to longer ones,
such as:

https://host.com/app/a?c=ehtU3vN9JWia6&m=borrower

gets rewritten to:

https://host.com/app/customer/SomeBigCustomer/loanApplicationToSign.jsp?c=ehtU3vN9JWia6&m=borrower

With mod_rewrite, this is something like:

RewriteRule ^/app/a(.*)$
https://host.com/app/customer/SomeBigCustomer/loanApplicationToSign.jsp$1
[R,L]

In practice, I don't even need the full power of mod_rewrite to rewrite
the domain part, so it would be okay just to map

/app/a?c=ehtU3vN9JWia6&m=borrower

/app/customer/SomeBigCustomer/loanApplicationToSign.jsp?c=ehtU3vN9JWia6&m=borrower

and keep the "https://host.com"; part the same.  I won't be redirecting
to another server (at least not initially).

Thanks,
David

*
*  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
*  This message contains confidential information for
*  the exclusive use of the person mentioned above.
*