Hello,

I've searched far and wide for a definitive answer to this problem, but have found nothing that relates to my situation.

I did find a few similar issues, but

1. I have no System.exit in my code
2. I am not using the root context

and still after a few days tomcat stops responding.

The problem also doesnt go away after i stop and re-start tomcat.

And occasionally it wont stop with ./bin/shutdown.sh

so i have to kill -9 the first process to stop it.

when it is running, the CPU usage runs at over 90% and the memory usage goes up to 50% or so.

It doesnt even respond when i telnet to localhost 8080.

does anyone know a viable fix for this problem ?

thanks,

martin