Hello,

I am sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I am having trouble
understanding how the Log4J works, and how I can configure it on my localbox.

First off, I am running Tomcat 5.5 and I have created two webapp contexts. One
is a dev site, and the other is a production site. I am using struts (I don't
think it matters).

I would to be able to have two sets of rolling logs. One for dev, and the other
for production. I am trying to decipher the readme at
"http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html"; but I am not
truly sure if this is for all webapps, or what this is implying.

I would like to get all Tomcat messages (errors, etc) and my actual logging all
in either one or two files per webapp.

Can someone please assist me in this? The readme just doesn't cut it, or I am
interpreting it wrongly. Or maybe there is an example setup somewhere.

Any info would be appreciated.
Sincerely
Scott