Larry Meadors wrote:

Hmm, that is like asking how to avoid automobile accidents.

Larry

On 8/2/05, Ben Bookey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear List,

I have been asked if its possible to prevent DoS attacks inside Java
(JSP/Servlet).

I guess it is ... is this something however that TC would be configured to
deal with, or
must I do something myself. Whats normal ?

Many thanks in advance!
Best wishes
Ben Bookey

i guess one could attempt to write a filter that rejects requests that *look like* they are part of a DoS attack, but there's always the risk of eliminating legitimate traffic with this. and it probably won't help at all if the attacker found a "weak spot" specific to your web application.

Edmund

BTW don't forget to fasten your seatbelt.