Hi everyone,
  I'm trying to setup an Apache server with mod_jk that will be used as
load balancer for two Tomcat instances. I've tested my configuration
with the cart JSP example and with the sessions example servlet that
ship with Tomcat and these have worked fine.
  To make it work I just had to add the jvmGroup attribute with a
different value to the <Engine> of each Tomcat instance. For instance,
the Tomcat server with <Engine .. jvmGroup="jvm1"> will generate
JSESSIONIDs like "0F0C25EC2D11FA13EC4C1E9E36A4E93C.jvm1". mod_jk is
correctly using the information in the end of the JSESSIONID value to
keep session affinity (or "stickyness", in the mod_jk terminology).
  However, when using an in-house webapp in the same Tomcat
installations (where the examples mentioned above work fine), the
generated JSESSIONID values are different: "Hhft2dCrqsLgZ9ws1jpApprJ".
It seems (to my untrained eyes, at least) that something in our webapp
is causing a different JSESSIONID generation mechanism to be used.
  Any ideas on where/what to look for and how to have the JSESSIONIDs
always tagged with the value of the jvmGroup attribute would be greatly
appreciated.
  Thanks in advance,

    -- Edgar Alves