I have tried adding connection pooling for a MySQL
database in Tomcat 5.5 by following the steps
described
[URL=http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html]here[/URL].
 Now when I start Tomcat my application fails to load.
 The only message I can find in any of the logs is

Aug 5, 2005 12:40:44 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Aug 5, 2005 12:40:44 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/ioifocus] startup failed due to
previous errors

Where can I look for further information on what is
causing the error?  I'm pretty sure that I have
followed the Tomcat Connection Pooling example
faithfully (I added the commons libraries to Tomcat's
lib directory, I modified my server.xml and web.xml as
shown, etc.), and the XML I added to the server.xml
appears to be valid.  In any event I will include the
XML which I added to Tomcat's server.xml just in case
anyone can see a mistake (the following is included
under the <Host> element which defines localhost):

<Context path="/ioifocus"
         docBase="ioifocus"
         debug="5"
         reloadable="true"
         crossContext="true">

    <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
            prefix="localhost_ioifocus_log."
            suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>

    <Resource name="jdbc/MySqlDataSource"
              auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/MySqlDataSource">
        <parameter>
            <name>factory</name>

        </parameter>

        <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool.
Make sure you
             configure your mysqld max_connections
large enough to handle
             all of your db connections. Set to 0 for
no limit.
        -->
        <parameter>
            <name>maxActive</name>
            <value>100</value>
        </parameter>

        <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to
retain in pool.
             Set to -1 for no limit.  See also the
DBCP documentation on this
             and the minEvictableIdleTimeMillis
configuration parameter.
        -->
        <parameter>
            <name>maxIdle</name>
            <value>30</value>
        </parameter>

        <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection
to become available
             in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An
Exception is thrown if
             this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to
wait indefinitely.
        -->
        <parameter>
            <name>maxWait</name>
            <value>10000</value>
        </parameter>

        <!-- MySQL username and password for database
connections  -->
        <parameter>
            <name>username</name>
            <value>admin</value>
        </parameter>
        <parameter>
            <name>password</name>
            <value>adminpassword</value>
        </parameter>

        <!-- Class name for the official MySQL
Connector/J driver -->
        <parameter>
            <name>driverClassName</name>
            <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
        </parameter>

        <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to
the MySQL database -->
        <parameter>
            <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ioifocus</value>
        </parameter>

        <!-- Insure that databse connections are
removed and recycled
             if they become "abandoned" by a web
application which doesn't
             close resources such as ResultSets,
Statements, or Connections -->
        <parameter>
            <name>removeAbandoned</name>
            <value>true</value>
        </parameter>

    </ResourceParams>

</Context>

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

--James