read the error message. It is complaining 
GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener: Exception processing Global JNDI
Resources
javax.naming.NamingException:
/Library/jakarta-apache-4.1.31/conf/tomcat-users.xml.new

check whether the file
/Library/jakarta-apache-4.1.31/conf/tomcat-users.xml exist.

On 8/8/05, Asad Habib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello. I am getting a NamingException while Tomcat processes Global JNDI
> Resources. Any idea why this is happening? I am using Mac OS X Tiger,
> Eclipse 3.1, and the Tomcat Eclipse Plugin 3.1.0 from Sysdeo. This error
> occurs when I try to start Tomcat from within Eclipse using the plugin. It
> occurs with both Tomcat 4.x and Tomcat 5.x. I have provided the stack
> trace below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
> 
> - Asad
> 
> 
> Aug 8, 2005 2:51:42 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener: Exception processing Global JNDI
> Resources
> javax.naming.NamingException:
> /Library/jakarta-apache-4.1.31/conf/tomcat-users.xml.new (No such file or
> directory)
>         at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:797)
>         at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:147)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:167)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:134)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:102)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2136)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:463)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:350)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:129)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:156)
> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> Apache Tomcat/4.1.31
> javax.naming.NamingException:
> /Library/jakarta-apache-4.1.31/conf/tomcat-users.xml.new (No such file or
> directory)
>         at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:797)
>         at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:147)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:250)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:316)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2143)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:463)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:350)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:129)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:156)
> Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found under
> key UserDatabase
> LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found under key
> UserDatabase
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:257)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:316)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2143)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:463)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:350)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:129)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:156)
> Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone
> Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  Coyote connector has not been started
> LifecycleException:  Coyote connector has not been started
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.stop(CoyoteConnector.java:1296)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:499)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2178)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:494)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:350)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:129)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:156)
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 


-- 
rgds
Anto Paul

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to