Hi, All.

We have problem in starting Tomcat 5.0.28 in one of out HP-UX.
We have installed it so many times in both HP-UX and Win, and never had problem.
We use the exact same GZ file for installation. The same java version and the
same JAVA_HOME directory
We use the same profile and settings, but somehow, this time it decided it
doesn't want to start.
The environment is as follows:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2.08-050401-17:46)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.4.2 1.4.2.08-050401-19:33-PA_RISC2.0 PA2.0
(aCC_AP), mixed mode)

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/wm/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/wm/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/wm/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/java1.4

I've got this following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.setAwait(boolean)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:986)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.setAwait(Bootstrap.java:351)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:423)

I've checked the CLASSPATH etc. Everything is okay. In all machines, We have
all CLASSPATH setup. We tools.jar, servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar
I know this has something to do with class-loading in the bootstrap.jar, but
don't have a clue of what and how to solve this.

I've compare the CLASSPATH (when it runs the "catalina.sh run" command, by
ECHO-ing the env) from machine  that can load up catalina properly and this
particular one that has problem, but couldn't find the different.

I've google-ed around, and could not find any answer. I'm sure this must have
happened to somebody before. Could any one give me some hints ?

CAUTION: This email and files included in its transmission

are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may

contain information that is confidential and privileged.

If you receive this email in error, please advise us

immediately and delete it without copying the contents

contained within. Woolworths Limited (including its group

of companies) do not accept liability for the views

expressed within or the consequences of any computer

viruses that may be transmitted with this email. The

contents are also subject to copyright. No part of it

should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the

written consent of the copyright owner.