Justin Jaynes wrote:

Thanks.  I am doing as you have instructed.  I hope to
set up client-side redirects.  Can you please tell me
how?  Does it require javascript, or just HTML?  Where
can I learn about client side re-directs?

Try Google (Web and Groups)

You can do it like this (relies on JavaScript):

        <head>
                <title>redirection page</title>
        </head>

and I think you can also do it with an HTTP header
but I don't have details to hand...

Paul S.

Justin Jaynes

--- Paul Singleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Justin Jaynes wrote:

...But now I would like to put up a new
site that is completely independant of the others.

It

needs its own SSL cert and it needs four host

names to

all point to the same place and redirect to just

one

of the domain names so that the SSL cert will be
valid, regardless of how the users chose to get to

my

site.

An SSL cert is for a specific domain name.  If you
want
your users to be able to make HTTPS requests to all
four
domains without warnings from the browser, I reckon
you
need four certificates.

But if they make non-SSL requests, and you respond
with
a client-side redirect to your one true certificated
site using HTTPS, that may work OK?

Is it possible to do Virtual Hosting using IP's on

Tomcat standalone installation?

Yes, I'm doing this now with 5.5.9

You need e.g. this server.xml stuff for each host:

  Service
    Connector (HTTP)
    Connector (HTTPS)
    Engine