We have a servlet that is run locally on about 20 laptops. I am currently manually updating the application on each laptop about once per month. Can anyone suggest a method of updating an application running on both OS/X and Windows based machines that would check if a new version was available and then grab it via FTP, Rsync, or something? Or would it be easiest to put the application into a database record? Any help or pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chris