Thanks,
        I have most of that in place already. Currently, server A has a
HttpURLConnection open and is talking to the Servlet. I can receive data
presumably from an InputStream. How do I write data to the Servlet using the
connection I have open?

Thanks

Paul.

> Hi Seth,
>       Thanks. And must I open a socket on the client (server B)? Do I
> attach a listener to it?

Forget sockets, we're at a higher level w/ HTTP and URLs.  Use the JDK's
URLConnection classes (for starters) to open a URL connection.  Create a
Servlet on Server B that has a doPost() method, for example.  That will be
your "listener".

Server A will use the URLConnection to connect to the servlet on Server B
and write data to it.  At this point, it looks like a socket (input and
output streams) except you are talking over HTTP.

Seth