It would probably help, if you would describe what you did (i.e. what is your source code, your environment, tomcat version , etc.) and what does mean "the bug happens" (i.e. error messages, stack traces, etc.)

Now we have just the analogue of "My car works on road a but not on road b. Do you know what is wrong?"

Christoph

Martyn Hiemstra wrote:
Hi

Do you have a link to a Sun Bugparade entry describing the problem?

No I don't.

I have performed a test of my own.

I have installed j2sdk 1.4.2_05 and j2sdk 1.4.2_08 and j2sdk 1.4.2_09.
I have installed these to the /opt directory. I have my JAVA_HOME pointed
to /opt/java.

First I point /opt/java to /opt/j2sdk1.4.2_09 and restart tomcat. The bug
happens again. I then point /opt/java to /opt/j2sdk1.4.2_08. I restart
tomcat and the same bug occures. I then point /opt/j2sdk1.4.2_05 to
/opt/java, restart tomcat and BINGO no bug. Apparently versions java 2 sdk
1.4.2_09 and java 2 sdk 1.4.2_08 cause the bug to occure just as in the
forum thread.

I have tried a different tomcat version but no luck.

Any ideas anybody? Maybe a configuration change that has occured in the
new java versions?

Martyn

Hi,

I'm not convinced by that forum thread.
It's very hard to believe that there is such a severe bug in Java
1.4.2_06 *that isn't fixed yet*

Do you have a link to a Sun Bugparade entry describing the problem?

Christoph

Martyn Hiemstra wrote:

Hi All

I have found a Bug in Java 1.4.2_08 and Java 1.4.2_09.

Goto this address to read about it:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=599301&tstart=0

The new versions will break your jstl code and create errors in the log
and create blank pages.

I have tried a new Tomcat version, no luck. I had it running on another
server but that server is running on Java 1.4.2_05.

So just a tip. Dont install Java 1.4.2_08 or higher. It will kill your
application if your using jstl.

Martyn