Wendy Smoak wrote:

You are depending on arbitrary browser behavior. As far as I can tell, there's nothing preventing me from writing a browser that, say, alphabetizes the request parameters before sending them to the server.

well.....

:snips from: <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.13>

application/x-www-form-urlencoded
2. The control names/values are listed in the order they appear in the document.

multipart/form-data
A "multipart/form-data" message contains a series of parts, each representing a successful control. The parts are sent to the processing agent in the same order the corresponding controls appear in the document stream.

So it seems the HTML specification *does* require the parts be sent
in particular (source) order.

But it has nothing to say about what *processing agents* do with 'em.
And if the servlet spec *doesn't* demand that the parts be stored and
made available in that same order...

It's never even occurred to me to expect form variables in any order,
though. For one thing, only "successful" controls are sent at all, so
what arrives is intrinsically somewhat arbitrary, eh?  :-)

As always, YMMV!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.