have U check your Connector settings, maxAcceptConnection part ? this
settings describe maximum connection will be accepted by tomcat, if it's
reached, then tomcat will put the rest connection request in hold, waiting
for other connection untill they finished. By that time, the tomcat looks
"hang".

hope it helps.

http://www.psychotazkia.or.id