Got it. I've done that, and i figured out that i can not use ipfilter as a
"reflector". That is it is not very easy to use rdr to map packets from
192.168.0.20 port 80 -> 192.168.0.20 port 8080.
That is precisely what I wanted to do.force NAT to rewrite packets coming
in on one port to another port and have tomcat answer normally. I got
confused when I saw the proxying info inside the server.xml file. Looks
like I'll have to get a real proxy server. Thanks.

Roberto

Hassan Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/15/2005 10:30 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Security Questions Regarding Tomcat

Robert V. Coward/CTR/OSAGWI wrote:
> Understood. But I do not want to use Tomcat proxying services. I just
want
> to host 8080 locally and let my ipfilter firewall block and proxy for
me.

Then the default Tomcat configuration of listening on port 8080 is
just what you need. I highly recommend making a copy of the original
server.xml and then stripping out the examples before doing anything
else; greatly improves readability. :-)

If you're still uncertain about Tomcat's configuration, i.e., what
port(s) it's listening on, you could run netstat and/or nmap before
and after starting it, and compare the results.

FWIW!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.