All,

I believe I have tracked down and fixed the root cause of this issue.

If anyone is still receiving these messages or starts to receive them in the future please forward them as per below.

Mark

Mark Thomas wrote:
If you receive a 554 delivery failure message please forward the message *and the headers* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The headers are particularly important. http://www1.physics.ox.ac.uk/help/spam.html contains information on how to make sure the mail you send me includes the headers. Although this page refers to spam messages I should stress that I do not believe the 554 messages are spam.