Seth Ladd wrote:

The frequency is so much that the uptime of all of our applications is affected as we continually take down Tomcat servers in production to deploy a new application (or new version of the application). Because hot deploy does not work (the old favorite OOM error w/ too many redeploys), we bounce the Tomcat server for every redeploy.

What about clustering? You could move users to one node of the cluster, update apps in the second one, and then the opposite. Move users to the second node, update the first one and finally allow users to work with two (or more) nodes.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Becomo S.A.