Hayes, Wes wrote:
Good Morning,
I am the Network Admin working with a programmer trying to get TomCat
5.5 working with SSL.  She is trying to run a servlet via Oracle
JDeveloper 10.1.2.  Now, on my end, I have followed the instruction for
TomCat on how to get SSL installed and it seemed to work fine.  Got the
test cert from Verisign and installed it and I can access it via
Internet Explorer on https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 <https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443>
with no problem.  But when she tried to run her app she tells me this:
When I attempt to run my test stub which opens a connection to the
servlet,  I get the following error.  I do not see this error if I run
it through my browser.
"javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found"
Any thoughts on this?

Don't dismiss it as an "error": it says it found no
certificate which it could trust.  Why should her
test stub *trust* your certificate?

Your web browser does because it has a bunch of
certificates telling it who it can trust as
certification authorities.  Maybe her test rig
isn't set up like this.  It doesn't *have* to trust
a certificate from Verisign...

My guess is that she can configure JDeveloper to
ignore certificate errors.

If your objective is, as you say, to get Tomcat
working with SSL, then I think you are already
there.

Paul Singleton