Hi All,

There is a requirement on the server that we have Tomcat 5.0.28 deployed that no username/password information can be stored in plaintext (in the open). Like many people, we are using JNDI datasources in our web application. The datasource connection information (including the database username/password) is stored in the Tomcat Context Descriptor under TOMCATDIR/conf/Catalina/localhost/myApp.xml.

Does Tomcat provide a more secure way of storing the connection information stored in these context deployment descriptors? Has anyone else run into the same problem and been able to solve it somehow?

Thanks,

Brett