I'm trying to get requests going to www.mydomain.com/servlets/ to get handed off to tomcat.

I have the mod_jk module loaded:
Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7f mod_jk/1.2.14 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80

and I get the Tomcat/5.0.28 welcome screen when I go to: www.mydomain.com:8080

but I'm missing something in between. I'm having a really hard time with all this, as I imagine many people do because of all of the components and the confusing version numbers. For the longest time, I was trying to figure out where to get mod_jk2 because it sounded newer than mod_jk. Silly me. Even my "Professional Apache Tomcat 5" book from 2004 has examples using mod_jk2. Anyway...

I have added only this to my httpd.conf:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

I have this workers.properties file in my /usr/local/apache/conf:
# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1
# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.recycle_timeout=300

This is my jk2.properties file: (why is it called jk2?)
channelSocket.address=localhost
channelSocket.port=8009
channelSocket.serverTimeout=600
channelSocket.maxThreads=50

I have these lines uncommented in server.xml:
    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" />

I know I need something to point /servlets/ or /servlets/* to a worker, but I'm not sure how to do that or where to put it. I had something like:

JkMount /servlets/ worker1

in my httpd.conf, but that didn't work. It actually gave me an ISE when I went to www.mydomain.com/servlets/ which was promising, but not what I wanted exactly.

I'd be most appreciative if someone could let me know if I'm even close and what else I need.

Thanks,
-Jon