i just assumed, which was why i said 'i think'. i offer no guarantees about anything that comes out of my mouth. ;)

sean

Markus Schönhaber wrote:

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 17:43 schrieb Sean Rowe:
I don't think so.  The operating system (i think) encrypts that port as
a standard.

Where did you get that information?
To the OS, a port is a port - regardless of it's number. The only "magic"
regarding port numbers is that Unix-like system only let applications running in the
superuser's context bind to ports with numbers lower than 1024.

Regards
 mks