Hi everyone,
could you please halep a newbie of Tomcat :)

I have deployed an application under webaps/myApp
folder
and I want that under URL that holds /myApp folder the
welcome file would be exposed to client.

in myApp/WEB-INF folder I create web.xml file and fill
with text :

<web-app>
 <welcome-file-list>
  <welcome-file>welcomeFile.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

Of course I put that file in myApp folder, but it does
not work.

When URL contains path/myApp/welcomeFile.jsp it is
displayed.

When URL contains only path/myApp a HTTP 404 error is
generated :(

Please, I'd be very thankfull for your ideas.

Thanks
Jonas