From: Brian Cook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 10:28 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: newbie with a short question

Couple of things

1.  You will get better responses on this list if you review the posting
  guide at.  This post is way to vague to get specific answers.  So most
people are not going to respond to it.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

2.  If I follow the description correctly you are uploading a batch file
to tomcat.  Then loading a page with a link to that batch file.  Then
you are clicking on the link and it is displaying contents of the batch
file.

If I followed all of the correctly that is exactly what should happen.
If you are clicking on an Http link that posts to a web server that
server is going to try to return the requested resource.

If you need to execute a file locally from Tomcat then you need to use
one of the Java method calls to execute native files.  This by the way
is usually a bad idea.  Is what ever your batch file is doing really a
process that you can not recreate in java?

If I have misunderstood entirely which seems likely then you may want to
repost the question formated in accordance with the posting guilds lines
listed above. Posts to support forums should always include a detailed
step by step lise of the process that creates the failing, copies of
relevant configuration files(Saying you deleted "some comments" in a
config file does not really help.  We need to see it.), and the lines of
code that are believed to be failing.