From: Ittay Dror [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: instructions for setting up jaas over db in tomcat

Robert Taylor wrote:

I used the following link:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html#JAASRealm

doesn't contain whether i can put 'Realm' in ROOT.xml

doesn't say anything about where to get a LoginModule implementation, or how to config jaas.config.

It tooks some research, but I finally got it to work.

my point exactly. i believe every person setting up tomcat does this research and i wondered if anyone created a guide.

/robert

Ittay Dror wrote:

Hi,

I haven't found anywhere a step-by-step instructions or reference code on how to set up jaas. Please help me with this as I'm very much lost.

What I need:
- authentication vs a DB
- a ROOT webapp
- tomcat 5.5
- where to put the 'Realm' element (can it be in conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml?)
- what to put inside jaas.config
- where to get an implementation of a login module. tagish isn't good for me since they require a specific db schema (i'm porting an existing application). Is there a standalone package with jboss's implementations?

Thanx,
Ittay