Check out http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/java-ent/servlet/ch06_03.htm

Best regards

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Zsolt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 August 2005 15:46
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Servlet lush problems via JK-1.2.14 and TC_5.0.28

Hi,

When I start a long running servlet I want to give the user some feedback
about the progress, thus I just print some characters to the browser from
the servlet. It works fine when I go directly tomcat but when I go through
apache and tomcat connector I see the characters in the browser only when
the servlet is ready (that might take 20-30 minutes).

Here is a part of the servlet:

PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
out.flush();
response.flushBuffer();

How can I force a flush via connector?

I use jdk-1.5.0.4 under Linux with tomcat-5.0.28 and JK-1.2.14.

Zsolt

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient,
and may be a confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any
dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.