Rainer Jung wrote:
The balanced workers behind lb1, lb2 etc. are allowed to have the same
name, because each load balancer has it's own list of balanced workers
with associated attributes. I expect no problem from a clash of names of
balanced workers in different balancing workers.

I must be missing something obvious here. I am with you on the JKMount part, but I just don't see how the name clash isn't an issue for worker.properties. Simplifying again ...

# as per your suggestion ... where "worker1" and "worker2" are jvmRoutes
worker.lb1.balanced_workers=worker1,worker2
worker.lb2.balanced_workers=worker1,worker2

# the balanced workers ... which should they choose ... ?
worker.worker1 (failover version)
worker.worker1 (not failover version)
worker.worker2 (standby version)
worker.worker2 (non-standby version)