-------- directBOX Reply ---------------
From: "Zaki, Karim R             UTCHQ" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
To: TomcatUserGroup (tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org)
Date: 02.09.2005 16:46:44

Dear all,

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 in conjunction with Vignette. JSPs use the
Vignette APIs (provided as JARs). Everything works, but performance is
really slow. The server that's hosting this is a quad processor (@2GHz each)
Windows 2000 Server with 2GB of memory and a gigabit NIC...so I don't see
hardware as being an issue.

One thing I'm trying to do is run Tomcat in server mode. My understanding is
that this should enhance performance. However, adding "-server" to Tomcat's
"Java Options" box causes Tomcat to not start. What am I doing wrong?

Also, if anyone can provide performance tuning recommendations, please do.

Thanks all..

Karim

Verpassen Sie keine eBay-Auktion und bieten Sie bequem
und schnell über das Telefon mit http://www.telefonbieten.de

Ihre eMails auf dem Handy lesen - ohne Zeitverlust - 24h/Tag
eMail, FAX, SMS, VoiceMail mit http://www.directbox.com