From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 2:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Installing JavaServer Faces

From: "Michael Thomsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi, could someone tell me if there is any difference between
> installing any of the implementaitons of JavaServer Faces in Tomcat
> and doing it in Sun's Application Server? I remember reading somewhere

> that their server is based on Tomcat, so I was unsure. Any help would
> be appreciated.

What do you mean by "installing"?  I typically just include the relevant
.jar and config files as part of the webapp (.war file) that will use
them.

Does Sun's server make the JSF implementation available to all webapps?
If so, then I believe the equivalent would be placing the JSF api and
implementation .jar files in 'shared/lib' as discussed here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Having never done it, I'm not certain that's the right answer... I
prefer my webapps to be self-contained.

--
Wendy Smoak