I think you can't have that file there as the war files have to follow a
certain structure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Wong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 06 September 2005 15:56
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat war expansion fails on .cvsignore file

Hi,

I have a .cvsignore file at the top level of my war file. does anyone has
any idea what this error message is about? This errors occurs when Tomcat is
started up, expanding the war file under webapps. Thanks!

Sep 6, 2005 5:09:30 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWARs
WARNING: Exception while expanding web application archive
magicbillboard.war Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial
thread stack location - find_vma failed Catalina.start using
conf/server.xml: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/lampp/webapps/magicbillboard/.cvsignore (No such file or directory)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/lampp/webapps/magicbillboard/.cvsignore
(No such file or directory)  at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2540)
 at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2566)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1276)