Hi,

My tomcat server is setup with SSL and the problem is I want visitors generally being unable to connect to any urls by https except those I explicitly want them to see in secure mode.

I tried the following in web.xml but it does not stop (or redirect to non-secure mode) someone who explicitly typed https://my.site/url:

 <security-constraint>
   <web-resource-collection>
     <web-resource-name>All</web-resource-name>
     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
   </web-resource-collection>
   <user-data-constraint>
     <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
   </user-data-constraint>
 </security-constraint>

Can I possibly achieve this by specifying something in the deployment descriptor or must I resort to doing the redirects by coding in each page in the webapp?

Thank you.
Raymond