I ran into a problem on Jboss when I configured the root.logger. Jboss likes
to suck in the System.out and .err, I was trying to log out my own errors
separately. My logger stole away the System.out from Jboss. By not
configuring the root.logger I avoided the problem

HTH

--
Dov Rosenberg
Conviveon/Inquira