To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: Configure multiple number of aliases / sub-domains

My problem is not with the DNS settings. They are
mapped to the same IP address (my machine) and that
works fine.

What do you mean your 'hosts' file? Currently I have a
host node in the server.xml file. Under it I define
the various aliases (subdomains).

Thanks,

Assaf

--- Kyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You'll have to programmatically update your 'hosts'
file to add in each
and every new sub-domain(i.e. virtualhost name) as
they signup and make
sure your machine is set to check 'hosts' for dns
before going anywhere
else.

That should do the trick.

Disclaimer: I've done this on Windows, but haven't
tried it on linux.

Kyle