Hi,

it is only since 5.5.10
5.5.10 was already released, but it is only supposed to be "alpha". I.e. not recommended for production use.
I have no idea, when the next stable tomcat version will be released

Christoph

Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:
Well, after many many hours' search (seems like not a hot subject), I finally came to this mail archive. But before getting here, I've already come across a similar page at http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-run-javac-15-or-beyond-compiler-for-jsp-compilation-in-tomcat-55-with-generics-enabled-and-other-15-only-features/2/

I've put all those JSP parameters in the web.xml and of course it didn't work (or else I wouldn't be here).

This thread said it's for Tomcat 5.5.10 (ie, in the future) but that page just said it's for Tomcat 5.5, and then <http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html> only say it's for Tomcat 5.5 too. So, is it possible to use Java 5 syntax in JSP in Tomcat 5.5.9?

   TIA