Dumb question:

How does one enable 1.5 source features in post 5.5.9 Tomcats?

I know how you can do it with the latest 5.0 sources (i.e. with Ant JSP compilation) but I'm still at 5.5.9 and wondering how this is controlled in 5.5.12.

--
Jess Holle

Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:

   When I first saw the announcement that Tomcat 5.5 needs Java5 to
run, I thought it would supports Java5 features.  But it turns out that
it needs Java5 but not "supports" Java5.  Quite disappointed.  Anyway, I
have to go on with my webapp, so much for it.

Tomcat 5 supports all the features of the underlying JVM, the problem is in the JSPs. They are compiled by Jasper + Eclipse compiler module, which, in version 5.5.9, has no support for Java5. Later versions of Tomcat have a newer version of Eclipse Compiler and it works. Also, you can plugin manually a newer version of Eclipse compiler, try to search the mailing list for posts on how to do it (simple, if I remember correctly).

Nix.